Getting in and out of bed without back pain using the “Log Roll” technique.
We’re gonna show a quick technique, called the “Log Roll”.
A lot of our patients with lower back pain tend to have issues, from a supine position (a laying down position), and then getting up to a seated position.
Laying Down, Using the “Log Roll” Technique:
- So, going down, you’re gonna just put your elbow down on the bed
- Then bring feet up, that way the spine won’t flex at all
- Lie down
- Then, roll onto your back
Then it’s the same steps, in reverse to get up-
Sitting Up From a Bed, Using the “Log Roll” Technique:
- Roll onto your left side
- Push down on the bed with your right hand
- Use your left elbow to push off the bed (simultaneously with step 2)
- Lower legs off of the bed (simultaneously with steps 2 & 3)
- Sit straight up, without flexing spine
That will really decrease the amount of pain you’ll feel in your lower back as you’re getting from a laying down position to a standing position.
Want some help reaching your physical goals? Sign up for our Assessment & Advice session and within 15 minutes, we’ll know how to help you.